Ben jij de Regulatory Policy Officer die we zoeken?
Hours: 36 – 40 hours
Location: Rotterdam & Amsterdam
Department: Public Affairs & Sustainability
Are you looking for a job with a purpose? Do you like to collect policy intelligence and define solutions to make regulation better fit our sustainable business? And do you get energy from advising policy advisors and stakeholders about better legislation? Then you are the regulatory policy officer we are looking for! In this role, you will primarily support our Credits division. They focus on delivering carbon avoidance and reduction solutions to our clients via insetting and offsetting credits. You will help them monitor and interpret international legislation, keep up with market trends, connect to our external stakeholder network and provide valuable public affairs & regulatory advice to our business. You will be part of our competent Public Affairs & Sustainability department and report to the head, Anouk Florentinus. Are you ready to make the difference?
YOUR TASKS AS REGULATORY POLICY OFFICER ON CARBON MARKETS
- Keep track of all legislation around carbon markets, both mandatory (like EU ETS) and voluntary (SBTi target setting, GHG protocol, etc.);
- Informing and advising our business regarding international regulatory developments and market trends around carbon markets;
- Build and maintain relationships with external relevant stakeholders;
- Connect regularly with the business for internal knowledge exchange and external positioning;
- Performing international advocacy activities to align the regulatory framework within our business needs;
- Participate in team meetings of the Public Affairs team to define the lobby strategies and action points.
AS OUR NEW FRONT RUNNER YOU BRING
- A networker easy to connect to new people with different backgrounds and cultures;
- Quick to assess which level of expertise and knowledge your conversation partner has;
- Team player in our organization exchanging knowledge, intelligence, and fun facts;
- Works narrow and fast;
- Does not shy to dive into legislative pieces;
- Negotiating skills are nice to have.
- In-depth knowledge (and experience) on carbon market policies a plus!
- University degree in thinking and way of working (Environmental Science, Developmental Economics, Sustainability Strategies);
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of relevant working experience;
- Fluent in English is a must and having a good command of Dutch is nice to have;
- Public affairs and advocacy experience are nice to have.
AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE
- A market aligned salary based on experience and competences, existing of monthly regular salary and extensive yearly bonus structure;
- A collective pension plan where we pay two-thirds;
- An electric company car;
- A yearly budget of 900,- gross for your well-being and development;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Many opportunities for further development and training to get a little better every day;
- Free daily fresh-made lunch at our offices;
- A new Laptop and phone;
- An energetic workplace in our new designed sustainable offices (Rotterdam / Amsterdam);
- An international, dynamic, and fun work environment.
Wij zijn FincoEnergies
We are an independent, leading provider of sustainable energy solutions. Our mission is to propel our customers’ transition towards a better world. At FincoEnergies, we focus on providing low-carbon energy and decarbonization solutions. With these solutions, we empower our customers to calculate, reduce, inset and offset their emissions.
We are inspired by Darwin’s Finches and their ability to adapt to different conditions. No matter what challenges come our way, we evolve to stay at the forefront of the energy transition. And with our strong range of brands like GoodFuels, GoodShipping, GoodZero, GoodPower and GoodBiomass we offer a one-stop-shop for innovation, expertise, and security of supply.
We are currently looking for a Regulatory Policy Officer to strengthen our mission-driven team. This vacancy closes on August 21. After receiving the applications, we will make the selection and inform you as soon as possible (within two weeks).
FincoEnergies is altijd op zoek naar groene talenten. Ben jij enthousiast en wil je graag een bijdrage leveren aan ons verduurzamingsproces? Bekijk dan
al onze vacatures.